REWIND Creates VR Experience For Official Opening Of GOSH Medical Centre
On Wednesday 17th January, The Mittal Children’s Medical Centre, home to the new Premier Inn Clinical Building was officially opened at Great Ormond Street Hospital. The completion of the Mittal Children’s Medical Centre, has transformed the hospital, it spans across two connecting wings, including the new Premier Inn Clinical Building. It will see children move out of old facilities and into brand new, modern wards with ensuite bedrooms where parents can stay comfortably with their child overnight
We were delighted to work with our friends at GOSH again and create an immersive 360º video tour of the new medical centre. The tour can be experienced using a VR cardboard headset or via YouTube and was used on 17th January to bring to life different parts of the medical centre, this included:
– Four young patients receiving dialysis treatment for their kidney conditions in a dedicated bay area that allows nurses to closely monitor them.
– A world-class surgical team operating on six-month-old Seth in one of GOSH’s state-of-the-art-theatres.
– Patients Tristan and Rupert in one of GOSH’s play rooms with Play Specialist Denise, who helps to prepare children and young people for life-saving procedures using play techniques.
– Three-year-old Rupert with his mum and dad in a sensory room, designed to stimulate the senses through the use of light, colour, sound and visual effects.
– Ten-year-old Tamieka making music with a musician from GOSH Arts, the hospital’s arts programme, in a spacious en-suite room where her mum or dad can stay overnight.
It was a delight to see patients like 9 year old Ava Watt, , try out the VR experience, saying “It was my first time looking at the new hospital through the VR headset and it looked really cool.”
REWIND could not be more proud to have been involved in the opening of the Mittal Children’s Medical Centre, home to the new Premier Inn Clinical Building, and hope that the 360º video experience encourages more people to donate to GOSH Charity. For more information visit www.gosh.org
Welcome to The Monthly REWIND
VR Director Greg Furber on how extended reality is becoming a serious and viable media for advertisers.
As a brand marketer you’re likely pitched augmented, virtual and mixed reality projects daily. Don’t tune them out. Instead cut to the chase using these five questions to spot the best studios.
Sol Rogers, CEO & Founder of REWIND, offers an insight into how brands can use AR and VR to their advantage.
Recently, we’ve been thinking a lot about how to make 2D content work in VR.
Joining us as a lead artist, Jamie has over eighteen years experience in the video games industry, with twelve of those working on the critically acclaimed Batman Arkham series.
For decades, theme parks have been offering pure escapism, allowing visitors to journey to distant lands, fantastical worlds, and even the far reaches of the cosmos.
This first of its kind study maps the UK immersive sector and provides insights and intelligence that will help us all grow. Here are a few key findings from the report.
We’re delighted to say that Luciana Carvalho Se has been named one of the BIMA 100, in the Rising Stars category!