REWIND Creates VR Experience For Official Opening Of GOSH Medical Centre
On Wednesday 17th January, The Mittal Children’s Medical Centre, home to the new Premier Inn Clinical Building was officially opened at Great Ormond Street Hospital. The completion of the Mittal Children’s Medical Centre, has transformed the hospital, it spans across two connecting wings, including the new Premier Inn Clinical Building. It will see children move out of old facilities and into brand new, modern wards with ensuite bedrooms where parents can stay comfortably with their child overnight
We were delighted to work with our friends at GOSH again and create an immersive 360º video tour of the new medical centre. The tour can be experienced using a VR cardboard headset or via YouTube and was used on 17th January to bring to life different parts of the medical centre, this included:
– Four young patients receiving dialysis treatment for their kidney conditions in a dedicated bay area that allows nurses to closely monitor them.
– A world-class surgical team operating on six-month-old Seth in one of GOSH’s state-of-the-art-theatres.
– Patients Tristan and Rupert in one of GOSH’s play rooms with Play Specialist Denise, who helps to prepare children and young people for life-saving procedures using play techniques.
– Three-year-old Rupert with his mum and dad in a sensory room, designed to stimulate the senses through the use of light, colour, sound and visual effects.
– Ten-year-old Tamieka making music with a musician from GOSH Arts, the hospital’s arts programme, in a spacious en-suite room where her mum or dad can stay overnight.
It was a delight to see patients like 9 year old Ava Watt, , try out the VR experience, saying “It was my first time looking at the new hospital through the VR headset and it looked really cool.”
REWIND could not be more proud to have been involved in the opening of the Mittal Children’s Medical Centre, home to the new Premier Inn Clinical Building, and hope that the 360º video experience encourages more people to donate to GOSH Charity. For more information visit www.gosh.org
AI is everywhere in the media at the moment, but it’s all quite confusing. What does artificial intelligence actually mean?
Never before has equal opportunity been so high on the agenda. Never before has society been so in need of empowering, diverse and inclusive voices. Never before have women been more ready to lead.
We’re also putting out the call for our Summer 2018 Internship!
Part 2 of Sol and Bay’s chat, offering interesting insights and perspectives on technology and immersive content creation…
Sol and Bay have become good friends over the years; their regular chats offer interesting insights and perspectives on technology and immersive content creation…
This year, CES was the launch ground for many new Head Mounted Displays (HMDs) offering improved wireless technology, super-high resolution displays, and new forms of eye-tracking. Here’s a run-down of the technologies and HMDs we’re excited about.
Crunch breeds martyr syndrome, the notion that if you don’t suffer for your project, you are not truly invested in it – a damaging idea in any industry – and in the creative industries it has fostered an untenable relationship between passion and burnout…
In 2018, augmented reality is set to be the most dynamic change, since the creation of the Gutenberg printing press, in the way we view the world…
Presence is the magic of VR, the feeling that you’re actually in the virtual world.