REWIND Creates VR Experience For Official Opening Of GOSH Medical Centre
On Wednesday 17th January, The Mittal Children’s Medical Centre, home to the new Premier Inn Clinical Building was officially opened at Great Ormond Street Hospital. The completion of the Mittal Children’s Medical Centre, has transformed the hospital, it spans across two connecting wings, including the new Premier Inn Clinical Building. It will see children move out of old facilities and into brand new, modern wards with ensuite bedrooms where parents can stay comfortably with their child overnight
We were delighted to work with our friends at GOSH again and create an immersive 360º video tour of the new medical centre. The tour can be experienced using a VR cardboard headset or via YouTube and was used on 17th January to bring to life different parts of the medical centre, this included:
– Four young patients receiving dialysis treatment for their kidney conditions in a dedicated bay area that allows nurses to closely monitor them.
– A world-class surgical team operating on six-month-old Seth in one of GOSH’s state-of-the-art-theatres.
– Patients Tristan and Rupert in one of GOSH’s play rooms with Play Specialist Denise, who helps to prepare children and young people for life-saving procedures using play techniques.
– Three-year-old Rupert with his mum and dad in a sensory room, designed to stimulate the senses through the use of light, colour, sound and visual effects.
– Ten-year-old Tamieka making music with a musician from GOSH Arts, the hospital’s arts programme, in a spacious en-suite room where her mum or dad can stay overnight.
It was a delight to see patients like 9 year old Ava Watt, , try out the VR experience, saying “It was my first time looking at the new hospital through the VR headset and it looked really cool.”
REWIND could not be more proud to have been involved in the opening of the Mittal Children’s Medical Centre, home to the new Premier Inn Clinical Building, and hope that the 360º video experience encourages more people to donate to GOSH Charity. For more information visit www.gosh.org
Creating top quality 360º video requires more than just the press of a button…
While I take a moment to bask in our win, here’s a look back on what we’ve achieved…
Oculus’ Santa Cruz could present something of a ‘Nintendo Wii Moment’ for the VR industry – the device that propels the hardware into the mainstream through a focus on form, function, and simplicity over hardware power.
Welcome to The Monthly REWIND for September
Is developing for a single VR platform a better idea? Let’s look at the various pros and cons.
While some stats paint a picture that it’s all doom and gloom, there are plenty of alternative views and evidence that VR is ramping up.
The future has just got closer with the release of Magic Leap One. Having recently got our hands on a device, we are excited to start making our own little bit of magic.
Welcome to The Monthly REWIND for August
While the industry waits for in-home premium VR to pick up the pace, location based virtual reality (LBVR) has emerged as an important bridge to bring premium VR to the masses.