REWIND Creates VR Experience For Official Opening Of GOSH Medical Centre
On Wednesday 17th January, The Mittal Children’s Medical Centre, home to the new Premier Inn Clinical Building was officially opened at Great Ormond Street Hospital. The completion of the Mittal Children’s Medical Centre, has transformed the hospital, it spans across two connecting wings, including the new Premier Inn Clinical Building. It will see children move out of old facilities and into brand new, modern wards with ensuite bedrooms where parents can stay comfortably with their child overnight
We were delighted to work with our friends at GOSH again and create an immersive 360º video tour of the new medical centre. The tour can be experienced using a VR cardboard headset or via YouTube and was used on 17th January to bring to life different parts of the medical centre, this included:
– Four young patients receiving dialysis treatment for their kidney conditions in a dedicated bay area that allows nurses to closely monitor them.
– A world-class surgical team operating on six-month-old Seth in one of GOSH’s state-of-the-art-theatres.
– Patients Tristan and Rupert in one of GOSH’s play rooms with Play Specialist Denise, who helps to prepare children and young people for life-saving procedures using play techniques.
– Three-year-old Rupert with his mum and dad in a sensory room, designed to stimulate the senses through the use of light, colour, sound and visual effects.
– Ten-year-old Tamieka making music with a musician from GOSH Arts, the hospital’s arts programme, in a spacious en-suite room where her mum or dad can stay overnight.
It was a delight to see patients like 9 year old Ava Watt, , try out the VR experience, saying “It was my first time looking at the new hospital through the VR headset and it looked really cool.”
REWIND could not be more proud to have been involved in the opening of the Mittal Children’s Medical Centre, home to the new Premier Inn Clinical Building, and hope that the 360º video experience encourages more people to donate to GOSH Charity. For more information visit www.gosh.org
Over the past few years, a number of companies have been using VR and AR, as tie-ins to their ATL advertising, to give them the edge.
Welcome to The Monthly REWIND for November
Storytellers are no longer limited to the constraints of film.
Revealed at Unite LA on 23rd Oct, with our partners HP and Intel, Salesdrive delivers one-on-one, real-time customised, multi-user VR presentations with your local dealer.
Welcome to the Monthly REWIND for October
In this post, we’re going to go a little deeper into why the Quest will be an important milestone in the development of consumer VR.
The Oculus Quest is a device that not only delivers on technology, but content too, and at a price that won’t put off the masses.
As with most applications of interactive audio, the objective of sound in virtual reality is to make the experience as immersive as possible through replicating reality…
Creating top quality 360º video requires more than just the press of a button…